Wednesday, November 3, 2010

And we have an update...

Well I went to check in and SURPRISE-"you have a vaginal ultrasound scheduled".  Uhm-nice?  It wasn't nearly as bad as it may sound.  :) Oh the joys of my Dr appointments!! 

She had me sign a patient consent form about what side effects I could have by taking the steroids she prescribed me.  She let me know that they look "scary" but that I shouldn't have any of them because my dose is on the lower side.  Anyway-the steroids are for my high level of androgen or better known as male hormones.  The dexamethasone test showed that by taking the steroids my levels went from 140-20(!!!!) and I should be anywhere from 0-40...so that was great to hear!  She also said my lining looked "excellent" and she thinks I may ovulate soon.  She thinks the dex. test I did regulated my cycle (at least for this month) and instructed us to have sex every other day until I get my cycle.  Oddly enough I've been temping every morning at 5:45 when I wake up and it's starting to look like a "normal cycle".  I really hope we get our positive pregnancy test soon.  It would be such a great Christmas gift!  
On another note-if I don't start my period by the 24th I'm supposed to go in for another ultrasound and see if I even ovulated or if I'm pregnant.  If I do start my period I am supposed to go in on CD 1-5 and begin our first round of clomid!  If I'm not pregnant in 3 cycles of charting, continuing on my meds, and having sex every other day I will be scheduled for an HSG and something called an "after sex test" (which I need to google right now)! 
I'm happy with my appointment and I am really glad we seem to be moving forward.  Please keep everything you have on your body crossed for us that everything happens sooner rather than later!! :) 

2 comments:

  1. i think it's hilarious that we take our temperatures at the same time every morning, i wake up at 545 too!

    and sex every other day, edgar should be pleased ;-)

    keeping everything crossed for you!!! keep tracking those temps, it's worth it just to know you're actually ovulating when the spike comes.

    ReplyDelete