Friday, January 20, 2012

6 week Post Partum Check-Up

I had my 6 week check up with my dr today.  She did a breast exam and a pap smear (oh joy!) and checked my incision.  The incision is healed, she said the scar will begin to lighten.  It already looks pretty light and it doesnt bother me, so I could really care less if it stayed the light pink it already is.  The overall drs appointment went well.  I still weigh the exact same as I did a month ago.  She gave me the okay to exercise so I think i'll continue my videos at home and then start zumba when the new month starts back up.  She changes the songs and routines each month so I dont want to be behind if I just jump in now.  I can't wait to get back! 

 Since I've never been on birth control before we talked about a few.  She told me about the pills, the shot and the IUD.  I decided to go with the pill because she didnt recommend the shot and she said an IUD is more recommended for people who plan to wait closer to 5 years before having another child.  Since thats definately not our case, I opted for the pills. 

I also told her about the pain that is still in my chest area.  I let her know i had been doing research on my own (all those late nights up with that dumb pain!) and everything led me back to my gallbladder.  She put in orders for a gall bladder ultrasound and if all things come back okay with that-she will refer me to a gastro dr to see what they say.  I'm ready to just get this pain over and done with.  She explained that if it was heartburn, the pain would have been taken away right after the baby was born.  We think that it could have been my gall bladder the whole time and it was just confused with the heart burn since that is what usually happens when you're pregnant.  I'm getting the pain at least once a week but here lately its been twice a week.  It sucks!

This weekend E has offered to do all the night time feedings (which is usually only once at 4 am but you never really know) and strictly on 100% baby duty so I can get some rest.  I was so thankful to hear that!  I will enjoy sleeping in tomorrow but I know I won't be able to sleep through the night without waking up when I hear him whine.  I just need to learn to let go and trust in E.  I know he's a good Father and he can handle it....but my mind and body just have a hard time letting go. It'll happen.

I am also going to focus on cleaning our house this weekend.  I want to post some things on Craigslist to sell and get rid of.  We are also going to be expecting house guests next Saturday and I am super excited about them visiting!  We need to get the nursery back to being organized because Edgar and I will be sleeping in there and allow Nicole to sleep in our room.  I don't want her to have to hear us get up with the baby at night and no guest should have to sleep on the couch in the living room.  We can't wait for their arrival! 

Lucas is asleep in his crib right now.  I'm trying to transition him slowly.  Nap times are working for us now and next weekend since we will be sleeping in the nursery, he will be in his crib.  That will be the final transition for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment