Friday, January 27, 2012

7 weeks and a dilemma

My little munchkin is 7 weeks old.  This is his outfit of the day. We went to run some errands today which included going by my work, Target, my BILs shop, car wash and the gas station.  He was an angel the whole time we were gone.

He's sleeping right next to me, he acts like his life is just so hard!  lol I had my camera out earlier trying to catch a good picture of his smile but he wasn't having it.  He would only smile when I took the camera out of my face-so of course I wasn't able to catch it.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma.  When I left work I had in my mind I would be staying home and not going back until March 5th.  Now that the time is here I find myself wanting to go back to work now.  I'm bored at home, my Sister will watch him and so I don't have to worry about daycare availabilities.  It makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong and it isn't a good decision but really, I don't like being at home all day.  I need some outside interaction.  I miss my coworkers and I know if I go back a couple weeks early that's more vacation time put back into my bank.  E and I like to travel so it's always good to have the extra days and if Lucas gets sicks I would have days to take him to the dr and not have to burden my Sister.  I'm still on the fence and haven't made my full decision but what sparked these feelings was when I went to visit my coworkers and pick up a check, my boss asked "When are you coming back!?!" lol She's so anxious for me to get back to work.  I can't believe I've already been out of work for   8 weeks.  It's insane.  I'll keep you updated on my decision.

This weekend is going to be awesome!  My friend Nicole from Oregon is coming to visit along with Kate and Mark from New Jersey.  I met these girls while planning our wedding on theknot.com and we became bestfriends.  I visited with them when we went to Boston and Connecticut!  They are a big part of my life and I can't wait until they get here because I need some serious adult interaction.  I keep telling Lucas all about them so he will be prepared.  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on deciding on your work situation! If I were you I'd probably go back at least part time so you could save up some vacation time to use when Lucas is a bit older.

    ReplyDelete