Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Testing my ability...

Yesterday was my first "holy shit what am I doing wrong?!" moment.  Lucas really tested me and when his Dad came home he made us both work.  I felt myself getting frustrated for the first time and i didn't like the way it felt.  We went to visit my co-workers ( I work at an elementary school) since the students weren't in school and only the staff were there and he did GREAT!  He was a big hit with all my friends.  He got a lot of lovin and he was just soaking it all up.  We left there and got home around 11 and when we got home he was asleep so I moved him to his boppy on the couch where he slept until around 1:30 or so.  When he woke up though, he woke up.  He stayed awake for his 4:30 feeding and then his 7:30 feeding and he just wouldn't go to sleep.  He was fussy and everytime we would put him down thinking he was asleep his eyes would pop wide open and he would whine for us to pick him up.  I tried putting him in his swing, the couch, his bassinet...nope!  Nothing worked, it was so frustrating.  Finally when Edgar got home he walked around with him, shhhhing him, rocking him and finally around 9:30 he was able to lay him down in his bassinet.  It was like heaven.  We made the smart decision to go to sleep ourselves because we weren't sure what kind of night we were going to have.  I joked with E that he was going to have to use 1 of his sick days if we had a rough night because I wasn't going to be able to handle 2 days in a row including a night by myself.  We laughed but I was really sort of serious. 

I know it wasn't really THAT bad but it was definately out of the ordinary for our little guy and it made me a little nervous that i wasn't able to soothe and console him when he needed it.  He slept pretty good last night and woke up at around 12:45 to eat and then again at 5 this morning.  He's laying on the couch without me having to hold him so we're making progress!  I can feel his big eyes staring at me. lol I can't believe he's almost a month old.  Time is flying with him and I wish it would just slow down a bit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment